WCCE Logo usage
The WORLD COUNCIL OF CIVIL ENGINEERS name and logo are the property of the WORLD COUNCIL OF CIVIL ENGINEERS. The power of the logo lies in its consistent, frequent and appropriate use, as a means of disseminating knowledge about our organisation to any person or institution related to or interested in civil engineering or related issues. The WORLD COUNCIL OF CIVIL ENGINEERS logo has specific policies associated with its use. The policies are further described below.
As a member of WCCE, or as an organization in relations with the WORLD COUNCIL OF CIVIL ENGINEERS, WCCE grants you the right to use its logo, provided that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- WCCE's logo may not be used to disparage the World COUNCIL OF CIVIL ENGINEERS, its activities or its Member organizations. The logo shall not be used for political party purposes;
- WCCE's logo must stand alone: it cannot be modify nor combined with any other design element such as photography, type, borders, nor can it be incorporated into another logo.
- WCCE's logo must be displayed next to the logo of the organization responsible for the communication and should not be used alone.
- When used in conjunction with a logo of another organization, the logos should be of the same size.
- It should always appear in high resolution, printed either in black and white or in the original colours.
- The logo should always be presented clearly and have a protected amount of space around.
Who may use WCCE logo
WCCE members may use its logo to show their affiliation without explicit prior permission so long as the aforementioned guidelines are respected. Common forms may include, but are not limited to, projects related to promotional and informational material such as posters, flyers, etc.
WCCE does not permit the use of the logo by anyone outside the organization unless WCCE sponsors or endorses an event or publication. The logo may then be used in conjunction with the event or publication that WCCE's Secretariat does not object to this case. Permission for use of the logo must be obtained from WCCE. When used on the Web, the logo must be an active link to http://www.wcce.biz
Typically, most WCCE documents should appear with the WCCE logo. The WCCE logo should be used by WCCE Secretariat and WCCE Standing Committees on meeting notices/agendas, programmes and other promotional literature and products
Given that all members have read and accepted the objectives described in our Articles of Association and therefore accept to promote the values described therein, the WCCE logo may be used by all WCCE members in good standing, presumably to announce their membership of WCCE.
Links to WCCE website
The World COUNCIL OF CIVIL ENGINEERS permits, by default, any use of links to the World COUNCIL OF CIVIL ENGINEERS website. The World COUNCIL OF CIVIL ENGINEERS reserves the right to request that any link not be used at any time.
All WCCE members using the WCCE logo for whatever purpose must acknowledge the following:
- They shall hold WCCE harmless and defend WCCE against any action that may be brought against WCCE as a result of the use of the logo;
- The member is responsible for ensuring that the activities are carried out in accordance with the applicable law;
In cases where inappropriate use is made of the logo and once notified of such action, the WCCE Executive Committee will immediately request the user to cease using the logo and a note will be sent out to all WCCE members and posted on the WCCE website.