Echoes from our 10th General Assembly
The 10th General Assembly of the World Council of Civil Engineers (WCCE), a UN- Water partner, took place in Victoria Falls, from 15 - 19 September 2015, hosted by the Engineering Council of Zimbabwe on the occasion of UNESCO's African Engineering Week at the same venue. The attendance to WCCE activities by our African counterparts and WCCE delegates was very high and enriched our activities with their expertise.
Coming back to our General Assembly, several issues were addressed and the final agreements of such meeting are as follows:
- Mexican Engineer Alfonso González took over the presidency from Spanish Engineer Tomás Sancho.
- Portuguese engineer Carlos Mineiro Aires was elected new President Elect for the period 2018-2021
- Costa Rican delegate was elected America's Continental representative to the WCCE Executive Committee
- Three new members joined WCCE
|Ordem dos Engenheiros
| Latin American Society of
Civil Engineering Students
| Council of Professional Associations
of Spanish and Portuguese
- In this framework, Eng. Mustapha Shehu, FAOE president participated through a Guest Conference on ’Engineering Challenges to Africa’ to illustrate how FAOE and its member organisations are working to foster student access to the engineering profession.
- We also presented the updates on WCCE deliverables
- Updates on our two technical journals: Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research and Revista Iberoamericana del Agua Further information can be consulted here.
- A primer to the World Annual Civil Engineering Report 2014. Further information can be consulted here.
- Costa Rican Colegio de Ingenieros Civiles will host our General Assembly in San José de Costa Rica on September 2015.